Tuesday, January 01, 2013

She's So Wack, Her First Name Should Be Nick-Nack-Patty!

Woah.  No blogs at all in 2012??  Sorry dear blog.. I didn't mean it.  I guess this is now my official resolution to blog more in 2013.  Get back into the habit of logging those daily highlights so that if I have kids and the internet is still revelent, they can look back and go "Man, Mom was lame writing down all this stuff for everyone to see."  Shut up brat.  I love you and I'm fucking cool.

Anyways, since I didn't blog at all last year, lets give some highlights shall we?

First things first, my adorable niece Evangeline was born.  She's a pretty awesome baby.   Carlene and I had this "deal" that since her due date was close to my birthday, she would give her my name as the baby's middle name if the baby was born on my birthday.  And it was only under those conditions.  So you can imagine my excitement when I got the call on June 7th that she was entering the hospital to induce the labor.  If the baby could hold out for another 12 hours, she would be given an amazing middle name that automatically exudes awesomeness.  So we waited.  And waited.  Around 10pm, the Doctor came in and said what we all wanted to hear, the baby wasn't coming tonight and would arrive tomorrow.  June 8th.... My birthday!!  Now officially our birthday!!  :)  She's probably the bestest birthday present I've ever gotten  and I can't wait to share a lifetime of Hello Kitty birthday parties with that lil nugget.

Also, this past year I decided that it was time for me to be "roommate-less."  And while I've scared myself on occasion (Thought a crumpled Forever 21 bag was a portrait of Hitler in my closet.  True story.) I've come to the point where living alone has spoiled me and because of that, I may never get married.  I don't have to clean up after anyone cause my mess is my mess.  The dishes are washed,  I can watch whatever I want on TV, wear pants or not wear pants... its amazing!!  Granted, its not perfect.  Parking sucks (especially for those who may visit) and my neighbors in the building next door tend to have loud crazy sex at 4am when I usually have to be up at 6am.  But that's what earplugs are for.  Also, I just realized that I haven't baked at all here, so that's gonna have to change. 

 2012 was a year of hanging out with great friends and having some f*cking amazing experiences.  Camping in the desert in trailers, scary movies and bad movies, karaoke nights with American sake, my first 5K, cards and scares in the mountains, drinking in the museums, taco Tuesdays, babies galore,  the adventures of Fluffy... and with work getting slightly insane (btw, I got this new position for this new baby department that just boomed in the last year), it's those highlights that kept me going and seriously gave me something to look forward to. 

So with all that, I already know that 2013 is going to be epic.  At least I hope so.  And I hope to write it all down here.  ;)

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Woo!!!

I give it 3 weeks!

Woo!!!