Wednesday, January 02, 2013

It's a Supernatural Delight... Everybody's Dancing in the Moonlight.

HA HA!  Day 2 of blogging in 2013.  Granted this isn't going to be an everyday occurrence, but I'm glad to get stuff down while I can and have it fresh in my head.

So the other day while driving, I came up with this completely asinine idea.  "Nicole.  You should do 1 new thing a week.  1 new thing that you've never done before.  It doesn't have to be super clever, but it'll be something that will make this year interesting."

I think one of the things about 2012 that made it so great was that I had a lot of new experiences and adventures.  Not that I ever thought that I was in the rut past years, but this one definitely had its moments.  Call it bad influences/awesome influences/peer pressure/morbid curiousity/ whatever... in the end, personal growth was achieved and I'm thirsty for more.

Gosh that's such a cliche line.  Sorry I went there.

Anyways, so along with my resolutions to blog, run/work out more,  increase my water intake, cook vs frozen/convient food, I'm going to try this thing where I do 1 new thing a week.

Somethings will be exciting.   At least I hope so.   Though I do have a limited budget so whirlwind trips to the exotic are completely out of the question.  But I hope to do some local field trips. Also since this is a public blog and there is a good chance that my parents will see this, things will stay PG.  For the most part.   Somethings will be incredibly boring. Example, right now I'm planning on cooking salmon tomorrow.  And yes, I've never cooked salmon. (Fear of burning it.  Hate of defrosting it.  Scared that it's going to make my tiny ass apartment smell fishy.  Failure and disappointment, the norm.) But I have 52 weeks to try 52 new things.

And I plan to log it here. 

What have I gotten myself into?

Once again.  Super cliche.  Ugh.  Sorry.

No comments: